Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tickle Your Fantasies

I'm having a rather difficult time deciding on where I want this blog to go. Entertaining, witty and spunky? or Personal, Soul-giving and Honest? But in the mean time it will continue to be as silly and honest as I can be.


I am quite certain everyone has dreams. I had many of them as a kid. I'm not talking about the dreams you have at night of a beautiful pony coming along nor the I want to be an actress when I grow up. I'm talking about the absurd dreams that make you smile. Things that you have heard whispers or seen peeks of them as a kid and thought "gosh that would be flippin awesome!". Here are a few of mine that I recently unearthed:


T.Ped:


I have always wanted to T.P someones house.  Ideally I would want to do it with my best friends, we would dress in ninja attire and pull up in a car that resembles a batmobile.  Then we would proceed to do the average throwing the toilet paper around the trees and bushes and after throwing the toilet paper I would like to lightly spray the toilet paper with sugar water. Then, I would cover the lawn in flour and cheerios (maybe fruit loops if color was necessary). To finish up this piece of art I would throw shiny confetti all over the walk way.


I originally wanted to do this for my bachelorette party but there's simply no one I could bring myself to do it too. I thought maybe I could do it to all the jerks my friends have stumbled upon in their lives but, to my surprise, they have all forgiven the douches before I had. So I guess unless someone throughly pisses me off, this dream is now just a distant thought.


Food Fight!:


Ever since I watched that movie scene, I knew I would rock in a food fight. I anxiously waited until it was my turn to partake in such a saga. But as the years began to pass by, I realized no one would ever be the first to pull the trigger at a science camp full of Asians or church retreat full of forgiveness and love. This dream actually began to die at the young age of fifteen until recently someone mentioned how they had the same dream! The reminder created a spark in me and I thought, hell if no one is going to make it happen I will!


I thought for my 25th birthday this would be such a fitting celebration. I would tell everyone for my birthday I was having a food fight and that you can bring whatever food you want just make sure it can adequately serve "six people". Of course there would be rules for peoples safety, like no durian shells or frozen meat. Nothing that would cause a TKO. The plan was to put all the food in the middle, everyone would have some sort of tray and would start from the sides. When the whistle would sound, then everyone was free to go and get the food. Then everything was fair game. Of course, you can only throw food.. and not punches. I thought this would be such a fun event and wanted to invite everyone. I even found sites that had instructions!


I was so fancied by the idea and imagined how fun it would be to invite the Cambodians... that's where the dream came to a screeching halt. I could not imagine how they would react if i did such a thing.... I could imagine them wide eyed trying to protect the food.

So that's that. My two childhood fantasies squashed by maturity and my own conscience. I am glad that I have bigger and better dreams for my life or else that would be rather depressing.

1 comment:

  1. don't worry we'll make whatever happens on your 25th birthday bigger and better than anything you can ever dream of...

    ReplyDelete